Thursday, March 31, 2016

Who Could Have Hacked the Locked iPhone for FBI and How?

The FBI has now retrieved the data from the locked iPhone 5C used by San Bernardino shooter Syed Rizwan Farook after getting help from an unnamed "third party"(hint: it wasn't Apple).

The FBI hasn't officially confirmed who this third party is, but it's become plainly evident that the Bureau has enlisted the help of an Israeli software forensics company called Cellebrite. According to Cellebrite's website, the company provides forensics solutions which can "give access to and unlock the intelligence of mobile data sources to extend investigative capabilities, accelerate investigations, unify investigative teams and produce solid evidence." The company further boasts that it employs high-tech methods capable of extracting data from all types of feature phones and smartphones. It is said that the FBI may have signed a $15,278 contract with Cellebrite to open Syed Farook's Apple iPhone 5c.

But how did they do it?
Digital forensics expert Bradley Schatz — an Adjunct Associate Professor at the Queensland University of Technology who also runs a consulting firm — says speculation has been rife in tech circles, with two possible theories proving to be the most popular.
1. They finds a new bug in iOS 9.x
Dr Schatz says the FBI could have taken the exploitation route — as in they loaded some foreign software onto the phone to let them in. From Cellebrite, it's unlocking capability supports the following devices: iPhone 4S / 5 / 5C, iPad 2 / 3G / 4G,iPad mini 1G, and iPod touch 5G running iOS 8.x. However, the shooter's iPhone 5c is said to run on iOS 9.x. So it is a big challenge for Cellebrite to discover the new bugs in iOS 9.x.
2. They copied the chip
For iPhone running iOS 9.x, users can opt to erase their data after the wrong passcode is entered more than 10 timesThis was a big concern for the FBI, as they couldn't have been sure they would be able to try more than nine passcodes without wiping the iPhone's data. But Dr Schatz says authorities could have copied the phone's flash storage chip so they could make as many attempts as they wanted to. 
An easier way to get off data from your  locked iOS device
Like Cellebrite, Gihosoft Technology Limited is a company devoting to mobile phone data recovery and transfer technology. It offers Free iPhoneRecovery which help users to recover and extract data from locked iOS devices. With this tool, it could be much easier for you to retrieve your precious iPhone data such as text messages, photos, contacts and more data even though you forgot your passcode. It supports all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models, including those running iOS 9.x.
Step 1: Run iPhoneRecovery on PC or Mac which trusted your locked iPhone before.
Step 2: Connect your device to computer; Scan data from iPhone or iTunes backup.
Step 3: Preview the files and click "Recover" to export data to computer.
Note: To take users’ privacy into consideration, please use this tool on your OWN locked device in case you forgot the passcode.

7 comments:

  1. My husband was so smooth at hiding his infidelity and I had no proof for months, I saw a recommendation about a Private investigator and decided to give him a try.. the result was incredible because all my cheating husbands text messages, whatsapp, facebook and his iphone conversations was sent directly to my Personal computer. Mr James helped me put a round-the-clock monitoring on him and I got concrete evidence and gave it to my lawyer..I say no to infidelity if your husband is an expert at hiding his cheating adventures contact him through Gmail he will help you(Worldcyberhackers) or WhatsApp : +12678773020

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my name is Tracy, i want to testify about a great spell caster called Dr noble. i have been married for 7 years now and no child, the doctor said  i can’t give birth because my womb have been damaged due to wrong drugs prescription this got me so worried and my husband was not happy so he decided to get married to another girl and divorce me i was so sad i told my friend about it she told me not too worry that much that Dr noble is the way out and so she gave me Dr noble contact, well, i never believe in it that much though i just decided to give it a try and when i did Dr told me it will take 24 hrs to get my husband back to me and i will get pregnant immediately he comes back, i doubted it . The third day my husband came back to me and was crying he said he want to cancel the divorce and he truly did. 3 weeks after the doctor confirmed that i was pregnant, i did double test and it was confirmed that  i'm pregnant thanks Dr Noble . contact Dr Noble via noblespellhome@ gmail. com chat him up on whatsapp +2349059610643

      Delete
  2. My boyfriend has been cheating on me for months and I had no idea, I searched all over to get help spying his phone but I didn't. I finally found a reliable hacker to help and I strongly recommend (worldcyberhackers) to anyone who needs help spying their partner. I was able to access his Iphone contents without touching and It literally worked without traces. Don't hesitate to message on Gmail(worldcyberhackers) or WhatsApp: +12678773020 if you need help with hacking and spying

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got access to my husband’s mobile phone through the help of Mr James (Worldcyberhackers) on Gmail or WhatsApp:+12678773020 . He helped me in Hacking my husband’s iPhone and I got all his text messages. I’m so sad he is cheating on me. I’m sending all evidence to my lawyer. Thank you Mr James.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my name is Tracy, i want to testify about a great spell caster called Dr noble. i have been married for 7 years now and no child, the doctor said  i can’t give birth because my womb have been damaged due to wrong drugs prescription this got me so worried and my husband was not happy so he decided to get married to another girl and divorce me i was so sad i told my friend about it she told me not too worry that much that Dr noble is the way out and so she gave me Dr noble contact, well, i never believe in it that much though i just decided to give it a try and when i did Dr told me it will take 24 hrs to get my husband back to me and i will get pregnant immediately he comes back, i doubted it . The third day my husband came back to me and was crying he said he want to cancel the divorce and he truly did. 3 weeks after the doctor confirmed that i was pregnant, i did double test and it was confirmed that  i'm pregnant thanks Dr Noble . contact Dr Noble via noblespellhome@ gmail. com chat him up on whatsapp +2349059610643

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONTACT: onlineghosthacker247 @gmail. com
    -Find Out If Your Husband/Wife or Boyfriend/Girlfriend Is Cheating On You
    -Let them Help You Hack Any Website Or Database
    -Hack Into Any University Portal; To Change Your Grades Or Upgrade Any Personal Information/Examination Questions
    -Hack Email; Mobile Phones; Whatsapp; Text Messages; Call Logs; Facebook And Other Social Media Accounts
    -And All Related Services
    - let them help you in recovery any lost fund scam from you
    onlineghosthacker Will Get The Job Done For You
    onlineghosthacker247 @gmail. com
    TESTED AND TRUSTED!!!

    ReplyDelete